Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Crimble

People go nuts at Christmas. The supermarket is closed for two days. Two whole days. That's all. Why do they go so crazy, steering a trolley, so full they can hardly see over the top of it, up to the check-out so they can hand over two months wages on food that they'll probably wind up throwing out in the New Year. Stuff they'd never usually buy. Picked walnuts for instance. I want to know who the hell first thought pickling walnuts was a good idea anyway. I mean - does anybody actually like them?? The lunatic shoppers buy jars and jars of them each year. And bread. Madam, are you sure you want to buy 45 loaves of sliced bread?? How much bread exactly are you going to want to eat at Christmas?? Any?? But the trolleys are full of it. Crazy. I went into Somerfield and came out with two loaves of bread and a bag of clementines. The cashier looked at me for a minute and then said, "Where's the rest??" I told her I wasn't going to celebrate Christmas this year as I'd decided to become a Zoroastrian. She looked at me and then said, "Can I join you?? I've had enough of this lot." I offered her my sympathy.

Now all that remains is for me to wish you all a Vrolijke Kerstmis, Frohe Weihnachten,Waes Haeil, God Jul, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, (The russian wouldn't come out right and I'm out of languages *g* sorry if I've missed yours) so a very MERRY CHRISTMAS one and all.

Ze

No comments: