Saturday, August 12, 2006

Pheasant McNuggets Contest Entry 9

Have you been enjoying these food rambles? I have and if you're like me you'd like more of them, so go ahead and send us one. Share the fun with everyone.
I am an Australian and in 1988 I moved to London to live. About a year later a friend of mine, Samantha, also moved there and she had nowhere to stay so she moved in with me and a couple of English guys I was renting this house with.

Samantha decided to cook dinner for us all one night. She cooked roast chicken with vegetables. It was a really nice meal and we all complimented her on it when one of the guys asked her what she had done with the bag of gibblets that comes inside the chicken. "What bag and what the hell are gibblets?" she asked. Off we went to the kitchen and there inside the cooked chicken carcass was the plastic bag of gibblets. Complimenting Sam on her culinary skills ended there and then. Needless to say we don't have gibblets in our chickens in Australia. To this day I always check inside a chicken before cooking it.

Julie


This one made me seriously thank the folks in America who decided gibblets didn't need to come with my chicken. But I'll check now just in case as well.

Now off to the splendid updates. Enjoy.

Elisa

No comments: