Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pheasant McNuggets Contest Entry 18

The fun continues to roll on. Another splendid person steps up to the plate. Enjoy it, I certainly did.
I guess before I tell my story I should introduce myself. My name is Wendy and I have been following the Xenaverse since its creation. When I found online fiction I was in heaven. I thought "Finally some others who think there is something more than friendship between X & G." I get my daily fix here at UberEtc and several other places. But alas..you asked for food horror stories, not a ramble.

I have worked many odd jobs while putting myself through school. Cook at a restaurant was one of them, actually that's where I met my wife of 6 1/2 yrs :) so I pride myself at being a decent cook. Usually I am.

One day I decided to fix dinner so that my better half wouldn't have to cook when she got home from work. I decided that I would fix "Cube steak and gravy". Or maybe called country style steak and gravy...depends on the region in which you live. This calls for the meat to be seasoned and dredged in flour and then pan fried. So I did the seasoning, and dredged the meat in what I thought was flour. i fixed dinner and left for work (my mistake was not tasting it first). I got home at midnite and the wife was in bed. I asked how dinner was...her answer "a little strange, but I was so hungry that it didn't matter." I was thinking, I know she has eaten this before. I fixed my plate and sat down to eat. One bite was all it took to know that I had confused the flour and the powered sugar. The cube steak was sweet! and GROSS!!!. Upon questioned later, the good wife that she is replied, "I ate it because you took the time to fix it!" Bless her soul!!

Hope you enjoyed.

Wendy


This one made me giggle. Thanks, Wendy! One more day and then voting time begins. Until then enjoy your updates.

And to all of you have a great evening and thanks.

Elisa

No comments: