Monday, July 27, 2009

Ramble from phair

Greetings from the soggy Commonwealth,

It has been rain, rain, rain, and thunder storms for weeks here. We've had a day or two of sun to break up the gloom but they have been far too few. In short, the summer has been a bust on the weather front! Very little sand time has been logged by my bum. However, there is an upside to every event. Yes, the umbrella guys are doing great but I'm not doing too bad either.

My writing has been chugging along. Words are dropping on my virtual paper almost as plentiful as the rain has been falling from heaven. I've laid down 72k since the beginning of May! Oh sure, it is under the 1k a day recommendations by S. King but it is very, very close. It is an extremely exciting time for me as a writer. And, I want to share the thrills of hair pin turns with prepositions and terror of the ever dangerous out of control multiplications of 'had' in a given chapter. 'Had' is like tribbles on Star Trek. They multiple unchecked once you give them shelter.

Two weeks ago, I invited the nice folks on my mailing list updates of my writing. It was sort of 'a-day-in-the-life' event. Every hour or so I'd update with what I'd been doing since the last update. It was TMI to the extreme. The result was my most prolific writing day ever. I only counted the words set down for my stories and not the blog itself.

I want to do it all again with just a few tweaks. It will start sometime Friday night and end sometime Saturday night – 24 hourish. There will be eating, sleeping and bathroom breaks for the dog and me. It is not an endurance test. It is an interactive record. If folks send, feedback or questions I pass them along (keep it clean- I'm the sole monitor of good taste for this project). I will only blog for the folks who want to hear/read it. So, if you want in then email me your addie at p.phair@comcast.net.

I don't know if it will be fun or even interesting but it is different…I think...anyway, let me know if you want in…
best
phair


First up, phair my apologies as I have no idea how we got your summer! I would love to give it back. Secondly glad to hear the writing is doing so well and keep enjoying it! Now to all you readers, let phair know if you want to watch along. Follow an author through the process and let her know your thoughts along the way.

Back to your updates enjoy and enjoy your week!

Elisa

No comments: