Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Joan Update

Hi folks - guest ramble tonight - an update from Joan. Remember her?? You were lovely to her after her first ramble so she's sending you an update. Take it away Joan.

    Transnews

    Hi ladies,

    Should you wonder what I'm talking about, please read the ramble dated May 26, 2009. Speaking of which, I want to thank you for all your very friendly reactions, and also for the fact that I didn't receive even a single flame. You go, girls!

    The long time it takes for a dog to become a cat is drawing to an end. I've had my final tests, concluding that all alternative therapies proved insufficient, and I've had a preliminary appointment at the clinic where the surgery will be done; on Monday, Sept. 21st I'll be admitted, surgery will take place the day after. Whew! I can hardly wait, even though I'll have to...

    I must admit that I'm scared. A fortnight in hospital is certain to drive me up the wall, and the expectation that I will spend some of that time in pain does not cheer me up, either.

    On the other hand, being able to admit my fears shows that I've come a long way, my "former me" would never have done that. But despite my misgivings, I have no words for how good it feels to finally arrive where I belong. Not long now, and I'll be able to fully join the "Ladies' Club".

    I can only hope that I'll be welcome. And I also hope to restore enough peace of mind that I get to finish some of the stories that have been in the planning stage for too long.

    Sometimes (laughs at self) I feel like a kid before Xmas :-)

    Joan


Wish her luck, won't you.

Ze

No comments: