Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kinda Hot

We survived 104 (40C) yesterday. Let me tell you...this town isn't prepared for heat like that. After I got off work at 12, I picked up mom, Mike and the kids and we went to a movie. Mom and Cal saw G-Force and their theater was packed with kids. We saw Moon and our theater wasn't packed with kids. As a result I got a wee bit cold. I didn't complain though. It felt nice.

After the movie we came home and sat in front of the fans. Then I was a lunatic and cooked dinner. Sure I didn't cook anything in the oven but the stove top heated the kitchen up quite nicely.

E made it through the evening by hiding out in our bedroom with the portable air conditioner blasting. Thank goodness Mike's house has a basement, which has kept mom and the kids nice and cool at night. I'm not sure we could have all piled into our bedroom to take advantage of the air conditioner. My middle of the night trips to the bathroom sure would have been interesting.

Today the weather has been much more pleasant...91 (32.7C). It's amazing how much nicer it feels. We're all looking forward to Newport, Oregon where the temperatures for the week have been in the 60s (15C). We may even be a bit cold but I guarantee you we won't complain one bit.

Tamara

1 comment:

E said...

I want some of Ze's rain. As for pleasant today, hmmm...not as hot.

The air is actually breathable and not as hot, pleasant I don't know about that.