Friday, May 11, 2007

Home

Back from three days of Special Olympics fun. I must admit I wasn't up for the trip this year. I just came back from two weeks away from home and leaving again so soon wasn't something I was really pumped about doing. Hence...I'm afraid I was cranky Mrs. Hodge with my kids more often than not. Last night after returning from our Y swim party, I told my two roommates "Mrs. Hodge's sanity requires that you be in bed right now." I was bad and didn't let them run around like the other kids. Not that the other kids ran around for a long time. They were all in bed about twenty minutes later as well. All of the adults were needing a break.

So my memories of this Special Olympics will be of tiredness and mud. Lots and lots of mud. My tennis shoes have been christened by Oklahoma red clay. They'll never be the same. I can only be thankful it wasn't a Special Olympics of muggy heat. Those years are never any fun and cranky Mrs. Hodge may have committed murder if faced with that kind of weather.

Enjoy your updates. I'm off to collapse.

Tamara

No comments: