Monday, July 17, 2006

Sand in Unusual Places

Lucky me, I am off the hook for words tonight. Tamara got her crappy connection up and running.

The Hodge Lodge is in sunny South Carolina and so far we haven't killed each other. I'm only kidding. We're here with my mom, my aunt and uncle, and my brother but we all get along just fine. Probably the most fractious moments come from Duncan and Calvin. Gotta love that sibling rivalry.

We've been spending a lot of time at the beach. The kids didn't know what to make of the ocean at first. We do come from a landlocked state after all, the wildest body of water we have to swim in is a lake. Lake water doesn't burn your eyes nor does it taste horrible. After the first hour in the ocean, the concensus was that pools are better. But after a few days of seaside fun, they're sold on salt water and waves. Me, I'm old and set in my ways...pools are the way to go.

Now don't start thinking I'm not having fun here. I really do like the ocean. I love how warm the Atlantic is here and searching for cool shells is fun. But I do so love my glasses and the deeper I go into the waves the more paranoid I get about being knocked over and losing those glasses. Yeah, yeah, I know I can take them off or buy one of those attractive stretchy band things that I used to wear when I played basketball. I'll stick to being a wuss thank you very much. Waist deep water and waves are fine with me. Besides...that's where the best shells are.

Tamara


Well here is hoping the Okie wuss shares more with us later. I do want to know more about this sand issue though...as for pools pffft.

Enjoy your updates,
Elisa

No comments: