Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ready to Go

I'm pretty much done with packing clothes for all four of us. Today I didn't get to spend much time preparing for the trip due to Mat Tots for Cal and Duncan's obligation of mowing my mom's lawn.

I did, however, get to the library and picked up some of my books for the trip. Turns out I'm taking more than four. And, in response to an email request, I'm going to share those titles with you. Aren't you thrilled? Yeah, I'm a smartass.

Under the Eagle by Simon Scarrow (I'm a sucker for fiction about Rome.)

BtVS: Creatures of Habit by Tom Fassbender & Jim Pascoe and Brian Horton & Paul Lee (The line up is so long because it's an illustrated novel.)

Glasshouse by Charles Stross (Read about this author's books in my SFBC newsletter. I was in the mood for some "hard SF" and decided to give his work a shot.

Accelerando by Charles Stross (Started this one already and it's good so far except I'm having a hard time getting used to the story being told in present tense. That bugs the heck out of me for some reason.)

Shakespeare's Champion by Charlaine Harris (She's one of my favorite mystery writers not so much for complexity in her mysteries--they're fairly straightforward--but for her characters. Lily Bard is one of my favorite creations of hers.)

A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harris (The Aurora Teagarden series isn't my favorite but I must admit to liking the fact that her lead character is a genteel, Southern belle librarian. I started this book a while back and have never finished. It hasn't grabbed me like her others.)

So that's it. My reading line up. I'm sure I won't get to them all but I do like to be prepared. Plus I figured Mike might liked to read the Charles Stross books. Wow. Once again I've blabbed quite a bit. Good news. You've got E and a ramble tomorrow night.

Tonight's update is chock full o' Buffy because the three main BtVS sites we check all updated. I love those Buffy fanfic writers. Especially that Kinetic-Kid. Every time we get a huge update with KK's work I wonder how in the world they can keep so many stories going at the same time. It's amazing really.

Enjoy 'em.

Tamara

No comments: