Saturday, July 22, 2006

Finally

The last day of rambling without my editor extraordinaire's help. Been a long week, or was it just me? Hence a few more of my words and then tomorrow you will be graced by Tamara's.

This week is closing on a heat wave in my city. I actually think in many of the cities across our planet it ends with warmth. Global warming, what global warming?

In Seattle when we see numbers close to three digits we get worried. Currently I am worried and very hot. Unlike some folks that see these numbers and think summer, I see them and think hell. I live in Seattle for a reason. I love rain. Sun not always my favorite, give me the nice overcast gray drizzly day and peace is about. Yes, I am that strange.

So with no further complaints I hope you all enjoy the update and I will chat at you next week.

Enjoy,
Elisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Hell...no uhmm, I meant Houston. It's always hot....Hot summer, hot fall, hot winter, hot spring...there is only one season here--Yeap, Hot! So, whatever your "Hot" in Seatle, mine is Hotter! After hearing tell of your nice gray rainy days, I halfway packed and on my way to your city....At least, I am in my fondest dreams....Thanks for the updates and the reminder that somewhere in the U.S. it's cooler than here.

Tamara said...

Ahhh...yes. But you must remember that we are blessed to have air conditioning here in our hot neck o' the woods. In Seattle...you're lucky if you can find places with air conditioning. It's not something that's ever thought about as a necessity, hence the majority of homes and businesses just don't have it.

Plus there's something to be said for being acclimatized. I know when I visit E in Seattle she laughs at me because I get chilled much easier than your average Seattlite. Their pleasant is a mite nippy to me.

Okay. Off to bask in the wonders of modern air conditioning....