Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Treats.

Hanukkah started last weekend- we wish all our Jewish readers a happy one.

Well, I've scrabbled round all over the place to rustle up some things for you to read - done my best, hope it's enough.

I couldn't check BuffyFaith.Net for updates - so I don't know if they have any - my anti-virus blocked the site - said it's infected with malware.

It's turned decidedly nippy here this past week. Thick frost on the ground. Got my thermals out!! But at least the rain has stopped. It's been crisp, sunny, beautiful blue skies. Exactly what December should be like.

We've had a small Christmas market here for the past couple of weeks - several stalls from mainland Europe, the usual German sausage/gluhwein sellers, a French patisserie, an olive seller, a few craft stalls. And a sweets/cakes stall from the Netherlands. This means I've been able to get hold of one of the little treats I like from time to time. Something you can't usually buy in the UK - salted liquorice. Brilliant!! (I'm a salt junkie, I love salted popcorn too.) Not much else could have got me into the city centre in December!!

Ze

No comments: