Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Break Begins

We're off tonight to see little e perform in her class production of The Hobbit. I've officially started my holiday break. Clothes got washed and the house got a little tidying today. Tomorrow holds more tidying and tackling my bank account. I also have a bunch of presents to wrap before the 24th.

I also thought I'd mention something in response to a person who emailed E and asked if she'd ever purchased a gun at a gun show. The answer to that is 'no'. I don't believe any of E's relatives have ever owned firearms. She also has no intention of owning a firearm.

Both my grandfathers owned rifles but they were raised on farms and were WW II vets. They knew what damage a gun can do and neither one fetishized weapons.

For too long our country has been whipped into a frenzy by irresponsible politicians, advocacy organizations and media outlets about how our country is going to fall apart and it'll be every American for himself. Better get your guns while you can because the government is either 1) going to take them away or 2) collapse and chaos will reign.

Neither one of us prefers to look upon our country as being made of such fragile stuff that we need to stockpile guns and ammo to protect ourselves during the inevitable descent into anarchy. It's time for Americans to stop listening to the paranoia and fear being pushed on them. It's time to take a serious look at how many guns there are in our country and realize they're not making us safer.



Tamara

No comments: