Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rob-bie van Per-sie!!

Excellent. The lads are three nil up against Porto, Robbie's on a hat-trick and with 25 minutes left to play they're still hammering the Porto goal. That makes up for the shame of losing to Hull - HULL!! - on Saturday. (just became 4-0 while I was typing Adebayor's on a hat-trick too - come on you gunners!!) The stint at swede packing is finished - thank God. This week I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. Painting. And I'm inside, nice and dry. (Weather's been very cold, very windy and very wet today). Didn't get much done today though. Site manager ordered the wrong paint so we had to hang around all morning waiting for a delivery of the replacement order. We mostly played cards. I found an unsecured wireless signal and spent some time on the 'net. Not bad - wasting time on yahoo groups & getting paid while I do... *g*. Stayed 'til the light went (which it does quite early now) to make up for it. At least the lads I'm working with this week are good, solid, salt-of-the-earth construction types and talk about proper stuff at break-times. Like football or rugby. And they don't look at me as if I'm certifiable when I drag my laptop out. The lot at the veg packer's only had two topics of conversation - Corrie or Eastenders!! Pah!!

Ze

No comments: