Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wet

The weather that is. Well, it wasn't earlier. In fact it's been a lovely day. Sunny and warm (out of the wind anyway) but not too hot. Wind was pretty strong and being from the North-West (across the Irish sea & through the Bristol Channel to get here) bloody cold. The rain held off until knocking-off time. It's a 30 minute walk home. It didn't just rain - it came down in stair-rods. (Look it up or ask your mother - it's one of those before-fitted-carpet-existed things). I got soaked. Which didn't bother me that much coz I don't melt and I won't dissolve. Didn't do my hair much good though. It washed all the gel out, which meant that it fell forward & gave me a scruffy fringe (bangs) instead of being swept back. And of course the gel had to go somewhere. I had the stiffest pair of eyebrows in the known universe. I'm not kidding. You could have bounced a half-crown off those eyebrows and not done any damage. Very scary. Had a shower as soon as I got home (like I wasn't wet enough!!) and they're fine now. But it was very traumatising. I may need cake to help me recover. Nice piece of battenburg & a cup of coffee should do the trick. On with the show...

Ze

2 comments:

ToonCat said...

Ze - I'm loving the utter Englishness of your posts! I may even forgive you being a Gooner...

zero2aries said...

Thanks.

...hang about... what's wrong with being a follower of the best team in London??

You're not a... **recoils in horror** a..a..a lilywhite??

**holds hands up and makes a cross**