Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fed up of swedes

That's the vegetable - not the nationality. Actually I don't think Americans call it a swede - I think they call it something I couldn't begin to guess the pronunciation of - a rutabaga. Why am I fed up?? Hell, you would be too. The painting job finished. We got it done in spite of the fact that the health-and-safety bloke fell off the roof and broke bones. (It wasn't my fault - honest it wasn't - he was just not as careful as he should have been). The temp agency didn't have any painting this week. They offered a choice of two short-term contracts. The first was as a plumber's mate, working for a housing association (co-op) putting new toilets in a dozen or so flats (apartments) and removing the old ones. No way was I doing that, replacing toilets is crap. (pun intentional).

That left this one. Swede packing. You stand in a freezing cold, wet, open, warehouse. Taking soaking wet swedes from the line where they've had the dirt hosed off 'em. You top & tail them & pack them in plastic nets. And that's all you do for 8 hours. I've only been doing it two days and already I never want to see another swede. I should have taken the toilets.

Ze


BtVS
  • Chapter 2 (part 3) of Anne by LunasMeow (BuffynFaith.Net).

  • Chapter 2 (part 3) of The Chosen Two by LunasMeow (BuffynFaith.Net).

  • Chapter 2 of About Three by 4everyoshi (BuffynFaith.Net).

  • Chapter 22 of Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Vilandra4 (BuffynFaith.Net).

    Comics
  • 9/16/2008 of Jane's World by Paige Braddock (Comics.com).
  • No comments: