Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Week

After tomorrow I'll have one full week of the new job under my belt. I'm going to like it thank goodness. So what's the job? Basically I've used my little bit of experience working with the special education program at Coronado to get a job working special education again. This time it's for a one-on-one program affixed to the Fircrest facility in Shoreline (where we live). The hours are ideal (8:30 to 3) and it's close to home.

Each day I work with one high school age student and go through his routine with him. My student is a sweetie. Since I'm new they've given me one of the less volatile kids. I've had to talk more than I usually do in a day and he loves for me to sing. Sometimes I'm a bit hoarse by 3.

I'm still trying to see how he works and what he knows. First impressions are he's sharp but bored with some of his school work. Hopefully they'll let me mix things up a bit for him. So far my few suggestions have been met positively. The weekend holds a trip to the dollar store for supplies.

Enjoy the updates!

Tamara

No comments: