Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Eng-ger-land!!

Well done the lads!! What a result!! 4 - 1 (Football. Real football that is - not that strange game Americans play). World Cup qualifier against Croatia. First time Croatia have been beaten at home. Excellent. Altogether now... Three lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming. thirty years of hurt never stopped me dreaming....Ok. Done celebrating.

And yes - I was wearing my England boxers and my England socks. See I told you they were lucky charms. I'm glad I didn't break the luck by wearing them to the tapas bar. Though I expect the tapas bar staff wish I had.

Hey. Did you all realise that it's a special date today for those countries that use the Common Era dates. At least it is in the 99.99% of the world that does it logically. For those like us who use ascending order (western hemisphere & ex-Empire usually) it's 10 - 9 - 8 and for those who use descending order (eastern hemisphere generally) it's 8 - 9 - 10. Of course for the other 0.09% - otherwise known as the USA - who don't use any kind of logical system, rebels that they are - it's not a special date at all.

Though tomorrow is. No more joking around. Tomorrow needs quiet reflection.

On with the updates. Enjoy your reading and don't forget to feed the bards...

Ze



No comments: