Monday, April 30, 2007

Vacation Laziness

Today I slept in like a slug while E took the little one to school. But, on the plus side, I made biscuits for breakfast so I guess I made up for not being a good pal and accompanying them.

After breakfast we tackled E's storage room and pulled out stuff she wanted gone. Oh, I also helped her put together a Rubbermaid storage bench which, regardless of what those instructions said, was not going to be put together in fifteen minutes by one person. Granted, if that one person had four arms then it would be doable.

The unwanted stuff was dropped off at a Value Village. They took much more than expected but we were left with a wooden wine rack (too much furniture currently at this VV location), plastic serving trays, and a keen race car track that was nicely packed in a plastic tote. I was a little stunned that they didn't take everything because this was the Value Village in which I found a bag of old pens and pencils (the kind that clutter junk drawers everywhere) for a dollar.

After that trip we picked up the kiddo from school, bought some smoothies (theirs-banana/orange, mine-mango/peach) and headed to swim lessons. I broke in E's video camera and taped the lesson. I think I need to nag her more about video camera moments.

Tonight...more vacation laziness.

Tamara

No comments: