Saturday, April 07, 2007

Always Use Vinegar

While other parts of the country were going through winter-like conditions my city yesterday was breaking records with similarities to summer. The yard work I had hoped to accomplish was postponed after my daughter and I took what we had hoped was to be a pleasant stroll to the library. Way too warm for us rain rats. Hence I ended up coming back and taking a nap in my cool house.

The evening brought back a few good memories from childhood. My upbringing was not all that rosy but a few good things stand out...pumpkin carving and dying Easter eggs. Last night eggs were dyed. I love the instructions on the box...for pastels use just water with the tablets, for stronger colors use lime or lemon juice and for deep rich colors use vinegar. Get that bottle of vinegar out! We had fun, now they include the stickers and the wax pencil. Of course I love the pencil and my daughter is all over the stickers. Fun was had.

So enough of my ramblings and back to the regularly scheduled updates! Enjoy your weekend.

Elisa

No comments: