Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hype Night!

This one applies to all you lucky ducks that live in or near my city of Seattle. We have the special privilege of meeting the one and only Joan Opyr. She'll be here Saturday April 7 (3pm) at the Seattle Mystery Bookshop on Cherry Street in Pioneer Square.

I am feeling lucky to be able to attend this one. Unfortunately my copy of her book (Idaho Code) is on loan to someone else, but I have just the item for her to sign instead. Hoping a few others can come out and support this wonderful writer. Please note on their web site it doesn't show her there, however I emailed her and she most definitely informed me she will be there.

While I was hunting for Joan's name on the that web site I also found coming soon (Thursday May 10th) another of my very favorite authors will be there to sign her new book as well. I'm totally going to play hooky from work and will be there with cash in hand for my copy of Always, the new Aud book by Nicola Griffith. One can hope she does a reading from it as well. She is splendid in person and I highly recommend you invest some time and, if possible, money into her words. You'll be glad you did.

Now on to your updates and have a great night!

Elisa

No comments: