Sunday, April 08, 2007

Ramble from Lara Zielinsky

Yep, Lara has sent us more of her words and extremely good news to share with all.
An Open Letter to the Online Community,

You are the "Turning Point" in My Life.

There have been so many amazing moments in my life since I joined the online communities (first through the Xena fandom) in 1997. I posted and met innumerable acquaintances and made a few close friends as we shared our love of all things Xena.

I attended only the second convention in my life in 2000 (the only one for leisure), traveling alone to Pasadena -- across the country for me -- to meet face to face with the real people behind so many online names.

I had begun to share my writing, a part of myself I had thought lost forever, for too many reasons to count here. It was the support from so many of you which made me capable of conquering those insecurities. So I wrote for myself, but also as a way to thank you for all your continuing support.

Life changes, and my focus, like others, began to widen. I wrote Voyager stories, dabbled in others, and then I became struck by an idea so audacious, so vivid, so compelling, I had to see what happened with it.

Even as I kept writing stories for online fandoms, I had now found "Original Fiction."

I had always enjoyed the creative process, but there was now a new avenue open to me: publication. When I made the decision to try and publish one of my stories, I knew from my journalism background that editing for print is an entirely different animal to wrestle. So I went "back to school" for the spit and polish, sought professional guidance and earnest help. I envisioned, and revisioned, and now I sit before you to announce that work is now complete.

P.D. Publishing's Linda and Barb Coles-Daniel, and professional editors, Medora MacDougall and Day Peterson, and myself are proud to announce "Turning Point", a lesbian drama romance, is now available for purchase through your favorite online or GLBT retailer. Please see the link for more information.

Thank you for your support through the years. Truthfully I would not be writing today if it weren't for each and every one of you who have dropped me even the shortest note over the years. I hope to continue bringing more engaging characters and stories to you for many years to come.

Lara Z


Let Lara know what you think. You can also go check out her website which has an excerpt available from her new book, plus lots of other words she has shared along the way.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy!

Elisa

No comments: