Thursday, July 05, 2012

Rebels' Day Report

Last year we didn't get to do any fireworks because of a burn ban across the state. This year, however, the weather was with us and we trekked to Mustang, Oklahoma and spent several hours amidst a whole lot of noise and smoke.

We were joined by my friend Tracey, my brother, Mike's brother and his friend Diane, the Alfred family and several hundred Oklahomans looking to bask in some chaos. As usual we took hot dogs and cooked them while we waited for darkness to descend.

I spent way too much on fireworks for the kids but I can feel good that I wasn't one of those folks who walked out of the fireworks place with the $999.99 mega pack. To be fair it was buy one, get one free.

All of us had a great time and we look forward to repeating it next year.


Tamara

No comments: