Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy Birthday USA

First - HAPPY REBELS' DAY to all our US American readers.

Went to see the new Spiderman movie. It wasn't bad. But did they have to have so many close-ups of so many spiders?? Wouldn't one have been enough?? There isn't a lot of point paying to see a movie if you're going to spend a third of it with your eyes closed!!

The new 'puter - it's so fast and has so much RAM and hard-drive space that I can finally use that card my sister gave me and get two months free subscription to LoveFilm (like netflix but been around longer in the UK). Because I can now actually watch movies on my laptop without it freezing, crashing, or simply refuse to stream. Excellent. Hope they have that Helen Mirren film I wanted to see earlier this year, but missed because it was only showing for a week... I think I'm going to like having a totally new 'puter. (Yes, I am going to go on about it for a few days yet - I've had 'puters for over 15 years and this is my first ever brand-new one so I reckon it's worth celebrating for a week or two).

My browser's UK version of the dictionary doesn't think movies is a word. But then it doesn't care much for Buffy, femslash, or Rizzoli, either. It's still a better dictionary than anything MSWord has managed to cobble together. Not that I'm using that. I downloaded OpenOffice as soon as I could. Much more to my taste.

It's still raining, btw, there's a very good reason England's "Green and Pleasant Land" is green. We're all on flood-alert again. And people still doubt climate change. Hah!!

Stay safe, stay warm & dry. See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Anal-retentive comic geek here...it's Spider-Man rather than Spiderman.

zero2aries said...

Oops. Mea culpa.

Really sorry about that.

I would try and excuse myself on the grounds that I'm a DC sort of girl not a Marvel sort. But that won't wash. I can't excuse not knowing the correct name of the movie, can I??