Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kernow

AKA Cornwall. I am not writing from my usual location tonight. I am writing from a windy caravan site at The Lizard - the UK's southernmost point (no Land's End isn't it - whatever myths you may have heard about it). I am here unexpectedly and so totally unprepared.

My cousin decided - without telling me - that since my last "proper" holiday was over 6 years ago (before my accident) it was about time I had another. And since she has a friend who owns a holiday caravan on this site she thought it would be perfect. An almost free holiday. She arranged it. Four days in a caravan. To start Monday. And she told me Saturday!!

OhhhhKaaayyy. Well...

Why not?? She assured me it had wi-fi (it does though a wee bit weak). And my new laptop can cope with it, and has a decent battery life.

Of course, my new laptop does not, as yet, have all the sites I sometimes check bookmarked. This means I'm only checking the regular Uber Etc. list tonight. And since the wi-fi is switched off at 8pm I'm checking early. But - at heroic sacrifice (it's bloody windy on this verandah, and a touch chilly) I'm updating for you!! *g*

Regrettably there isn't a lot. But you've probably got tonnes to read still because of the past weekend's huge update. Hopefully there will be more tomorrow.

And it's beautiful here. Gorgeous scenery, loads of great walks. I just wish the rain would stop.

Ze

No comments: