Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Caring for Kara - Auction Info.

Fandom rocks. The community - hell, make that communities, because we are legion but we are linked - comes together regularly to help its members. I should know - after my accident, when I was unable to work, the Xena fandom, along with some good friends, who just happen to be writers, and a whole bunch of other friends including my fellow grunts on this site, got together and raised enough for me to pay my living expenses for several months. I remain unbelievably grateful, and if any of those friends ever need me - well - I'll do my damnedest to be there...

The Xenaverse has come together in this way on several occasions and helped folk out. I belong to several fandoms and so I know that it isn't only the Xenaverse that does this. I've seen CSI fans rally round to help people in need. And Star Trek fans. Fandom can be a fantastic place, full of generous souls.

Well, another sister needs help.
    A message from author Roselle Graskey

    A plethora of authors have banded together for an auction to help raise funds for Kara Leonardo. Kara and her partner Stephanie Marvel were in an auto accident on Feb 11. They were hit head on by another vehicle. Sadly Stephanie was killed instantly. Kara suffered a broken arm and multiple fractures of leg and pelvis. Kara will be leaving the rehab hospital soon, she will stay with her mom but only as a temporary thing. She has no other place to go.

    We have created a page at Caring for Kara We know economic times have been tough, but any little bit helps.

    Kara has long been a supporter of les fic and for us authors she's always had words of encouragement and bought books when she could. Now it's our chance to hopefully give back to her.

    The auction will run until Aug 5. If anyone wishes to bid, please run right out and do so, for those who wish to donate something but not bid, we will have a paypal page set up in the next few days. If you don't wish to do paypal you can email Roselle Graskey to make arrangements.

    Every single penny donated/bids will go to Kara.

    Thank you all. With extreme humility Roselle Graskey


There you go. There is loads of good stuff to bid on. Go and have a look. Bid. You might be lucky and win some great books. If you don'y facing bidding, well the PayPal button is up and working. You can donate.

If you can - chip in folks. And if you're too broke and can't - send good thoughts, or prayers.

Ze

No comments: