Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bats

I'm a bit late tonight - I went to the pictures after work and got home late. I am so going to regret this when I have to get up for work tomorrow. Or rather, later today. In about 5 hours actually.

Went to see Dark Knight Rises. It's not bad. Anne Hathaway made a better Catwoman than I expected - not that I've ever seen a Catwoman characterisation which really portrayed Catwoman properly. (Though the comic doesn't seem to do that either these days). I've seen some pretty dire ones, mind. And I'm old enough (just) to remember Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt!!

Right - feast days - yesterday was Ras Tafari's (Emperor Haile Selassi) birthday - I hope our Rastafarian readers had a good day. Today is Khordad Sal in the Qadimi tradition of Zoroastrianism. We wish our readers of that faith a good festival.

Ze

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I thought Anne Hathaway was a fantastic Catwoman and I've also been treated to the Catwomen of Ms. Kitt & Ms.Newmar. I do feel sorry for Halle Berry. Her Catwoman gets soiled by that mess of a script and director.