Wednesday, November 30, 2011

If You Haven't Got a Penny, a Ha'penny Will Do..

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat...

First though - it's St. Andrew's Day today, he's the Patron Saint of Scotland, and, although I'm just a wee bit late with the wishes, I hope all our Scottish readers had a good one.

Next - take a moment for silent remembrance - tomorrow is World AIDS Day. While here in the developed countries it isn't quite the devastating plague it was in the 1980s, it is still claiming lives. And in the developing countries it remains a ferociously devastating plague. If you can give some time or money to the fight against it, it's a worthy cause to consider.

Now on to Crimble...

The tree is in the lounge, warming up (it's cold in that there loft!!), the boxes of ornaments and trimmings for it are there too. As are the room decorations. All waiting for tomorrow. I love Christmas. I'm a complete big kid about it. Though I flatly refuse to put a decoration up, eat a mince-pie, sing a carol, play a Christmas hits record, or even put on a cd of nativity Gregorian chant (I love Gregorian chant btw) one moment before December. But as soon as the first of December arrives... oh yeah.

I've bought a new star for the top of the tree. We decided that this year we're not going to use the angel we've had for years. Well if you watched Dr. Who would you have an angel in the house??

I was seriously contemplating staying up for another hour or so (it's 11.30 here) and putting the tree up the minute we get past midnight. But I'm tired and my shoulder is killing me, so I'll wait until it's properly tomorrow.

If I go to bed right now do you think tomorrow will get here faster??

Enjoy your updates. See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: