Thursday, November 24, 2011

Another successful T-day....

We had a relaxing Thanksgiving here in the Hoelscher-Hodge household. Everything for the turkey dinner turned out great. Right now I'm ready to go to bed, however, thanks to a massive allergy attack.

It started small in the morning. Then by the time the potatoes were ready for mashing it hit me hard. During the course of the day I dosed myself with benadryl, allegra and finally actifed. After eating and putting away the food I crashed for about an hour (thank you, actifed). Not sneezing was wonderful. Unfortunately E ignored my command to leave the dishes for me and she did them all. Okay...maybe that should be fortunately.

The kids are in the bedroom watching a movie on our old tv that escaped the notice of the thieves since it was boxed up in the shed. Duncan is playing his Xbox on the tv he brought from his room at his dad's. I'll join the kids soon and try not to go to sleep. Watching a movie while lying on the bed can do that to me.

If you're in the US, have a wonderful long weekend (if you don't work retail). Happy reading.

Tamara

No comments: