Monday, November 30, 2009

Ramble from Linda

It's been a while, and we are happy to hear from her once again! Welcome back, Linda!
A couple months back as I was leaving the house, I tripped over, well huh….air for the lack of a better word. There was nothing there to cause me to trip.

As I hit the ground we, (mom, niece Vicky and I) heard bones breaking. I had landed on my knees then my butt slammed into my feet. I had feared that I had broken my knees. As it turned out I had only strained the muscles and tendons of my right knee and tore some skin off the left.

The sound of breaking bones turned out to be my right ankle as I fell and my right foot when my full weight and butt landed on my foot. The right knee was better after about three weeks. Two and half months later my feet and ankle is still in a cast. Will be until right before Christmas. I hope.

I also broke three of my toes on the right foot and the big toe on the left foot but that’s no big deal. I have broken my toes so many times in my 52 years, they pretty much break on voice command now. LOL!

Flu season hit the house two weeks ago when 11 year old Vicky come home sick and soon everyone but me was sick. I finally got it the day before Thanksgiving. Oh Joy!

The kids were over it but all the adults were still sick. Thanksgiving was a snot fest. (sorry!) Lot of leftovers as nobody but the kids felt like eating. I could saved a lot of time and money if I just served TV dinners.

I told Vicky if she comes home sick right before Christmas that I was sending her to her father’s and let her spreading the joy at his place. LOL.

Happy Holidays.
Linda


Wow...that sounds like hell to me. Here's hoping Christmas goes much better and as planned. Heal well! Thanks for showing up and sharing.

Now changing tone a bit I want to send note to all, Peace. Here is hoping that we as humans can remember always that each of us has a life and a story that touches so many. I send good thoughts to all the families and friends that are grieving tonight for the loss of loved ones and a special message for the officers lost to an act of barbarism that ended their lives way too soon. May they Rest in Peace.

Enjoy your update.

Elisa

No comments: