Sunday, September 20, 2009

An Update from Marilee

Take it away!
Hi,

Well, I managed to get myself comfortable in bed, my knee propped up, light blanket over me, phone and TV remote handy and the ice bag, in a tea towel, on my knee.

I am thinking....this whole thing is a 'bite in the butt'. I am 'ok' and following my doctors instructions.

Was watching a program, till my brother came in and swiped the remote....so we watched baseball for a while.

My leg felt cold after a while and I thought it was because of the ice bag being too cold on the outside and starting to drip just a bit.

That should have been a hint....it may get cold, not get wet....so no reason for the dripping.

After about an hour my leg was wet.....I had to get up and start rearranging things to get to the ice pack..........and what did I find......

The blasted thing has a hole in it! A ever so small hole.....Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

My brother laughed for moment, until I shot him the 'I would be VERY CAREFUL IF I WERE YOU' look. I might not be able to grab him, I just have way toooo many things I can throw at him.

He helped me get the wet pillow, the ice bag and the tea towel off the bed. Two things went into the washer, the other the trash can.

This morning a friend of mine told me to get a bag of frozen peas and use that instead of the ice bag (which I was going to have my brother pick up at the drug store this morning).

So, will stop here, get back in bed with my 'veggies', get the knee propped up, grab the phone and remote, cover up and HOPE that I won't have to move for a while.

Have a good Sunday.....

Marilee


Well humor can be found in the strangest places. FYI, Marilee, those frozen veggies do work, sadly I have used them as well.

Back to your updates, enjoy.

Elisa

No comments: