Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Theatre

And yes that is how it's spelt. *g* I'm late with the update tonight (it's 10 to one in the morning here and I get up at 6am). I'm cream-crackered and longing to toddle up the apples & pears to get some shut-eye, (translation for non-cockneys - dead tired and longing to go upstairs to sleep), so forgive me if I don't say a lot tonight.

The reason for this is a trip to the theatre. Regular readers of this blathering of mine might recall I worked as a steward (unpaid) for Shakespeare in the Park a short while ago. Part of the perks for that was free tickets to the Shakespeare. Well, tonight was more of those perks. Free tickets to the new production of Ibsen's The Doll's House; plus an after-performance cheese & wine type get-together with the cast. It was a good performance, managing to be both very traditional and yet modern, at one-and-the=same time. But it meant a pretty late evening.

One highlight of the party was I met Superintendent Brownlow - and shook his hand!! (That won't mean much to anybody who's never seen the British TV show The Bill). Apparently his wife (who is something to do with the local theatre company) knows my sister, so she came over to say hello and naturally he followed her. Of course I was just about adult enough not to announce "OMG Brownlow" to his face, reserving the fan-squee until they'd moved on. He was very nice. Much nicer than some other actors I've met over the years.

See you all tomorrow.

Ze

No comments: