Monday, September 07, 2009

Ramble from Marilee

Yeah, shared words. Take it away, Marilee!
Hi,

Well, my brother put his foot in it this time.

Our nephew is heading to Barcelona, Spain day after tomorrow. He is going as an exchange student until Dec, 23rd.....He will be our best Christmas gift this year!

He is heading up to DC to catch his flight. A friend of his, also my sister's neighbor, will take him there, then stop in Richmond to visit with her friends before she heads back home.

Now, our nephew has some money set aside for this trip and of course, as good aunts and ...ok, I guess I can count my brother as an 'uncle' and not one of the 'aunts', we gave him some extra $$, too. The kid isn't hurting for money.

As momma and I were having lunch, I heard my brother tell my sister he would pay for the hotel room for the 'kids' to stay over night.

They knew that the reservations had been made (nephew) already, so that wasn't a worry....what came as a shock was that he decided they would stay at the Ritz Carlton........to the tune of $170.00....for ONE night.

By the time my brother got back here, his 'panties were in a major knot!' and I don't blame him.....too much.

He and our nephew had talked about this trip and where to make the hotel reservations. CLOSE to the airport was a must, reasonable and they tend to have shuttle service to and from the airport.

My brother should have made the reservations right then and there.....and everything would have been 'ok'....but, nooooo, he let's the boy put it off, then make the arrangements on his own....................and now.......he is going to pay for it....BIG TIME!

My brother, when he does travel, will stay in good, safe, clean hotels.....Embassy Suites, Marriot, etc.....Oh, he could stay at the Ritz Carlton....but he says why? He can use the money to shop (that was a given) or go out for a nice meal....and so on.

Tomorrow, when he goes over to the house, he will talk it over with our sister. She will be ok with it the change.....when he says he will pay for 1/2 the price, but he won't go for almost $200.00.

As he sat in here with me, he was 'bitc--ing, moaning and bellowing' about the whole thing....placing the blame every where but where it should have gone....on himself. I had to laugh and shake my head at him.

He should of just let it go until the credit card bill came in (our sister has our nephew on her card. He paid her $1,500.00 up front....see, told you he had the cash), then offer to pay all or a part of the room..........but, noooooooooo....he just opens his mouth and NOW expects to get some sympathy.

WRONG!

In the end, the kids will stay someplace very nice, my brother will pay for all of it (he may fuss about it, but he will do it....wait and see) and then the next time our nephew says anything about 'hotel reservations', my brother will quietly leave the room.

Hope everyone has had a nice holiday.

Marilee


Okay, other than me enjoying the story, here's hoping all else went as planned. And Marilee, one would think the next time he offers to pay he considers putting a few more stipulations on it.

Enjoy your updates and beginning of the week! Ze is up next and Tamara and I will return on Thursday!

Have a great night.

Elisa

No comments: