Friday, May 22, 2009

Wish Me Luck

It's Memorial Day weekend here in the States. If we were back in Oklahoma we'd head to my aunt Gail's for a cookout on Sunday. Flowers would be placed on my grandparents' grave at Ft. Sill. We would also visit my other grandfather's grave and also place flowers. The kids would most likely swim because it'll probably be godawful hot in Lawton.

Since the Hodge Lodge is now in Washington we're heading to little e's grandpa's house on Puget Sound for a long weekend. We'll be sleeping in tents in their backyard. I'm taking a big bucket for the umpteen jillion times I'll have to get up to pee in the middle of the night. The trek to the bathroom that many times in the 40 degree weather didn't sound appealing. Add to that I always seem to rouse their two dogs who sometimes bark at me. I'll brave the bucket, thank you very much.

Tamara

No comments: