Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Overtime

I have got to stop doing so much overtime. I'm so tired I'm practically sleepwalking by the time I get home. I even said "g'night" to the bus driver as I alighted this evening, I'm that tired. He must have thought I'd lost my marbles. At least we've finished the outsides and are now working indoors (just as well since it seems to be monsoon season this week). Which means I'm working at my trade rather than doing general building work. So I'm not in any danger (touch wood when you tempt fate like that!!) of accidents requiring hospital visits since paintbrushes aren't usually considered dangerous. Well... in my hands even a bean-sprout can become a lethal weapon so maybe I'd better not say things like that.

It's all the fault of the greedy bankers & stockbrokers. The ones who pushed for the removal of rules & regulations on financial trading and caused this flamin' recession. They're the ones who made the pound fall like crazy against the dollar and so pushed airfares up!! I've been saving up to visit E & Tamara. Last year I would have needed 450 quid for the airfare - this year I need 700. I'm almost there. Another week should do it. Then I'll need to start saving for spending money. Damned if I'm doing overtime for that though. I'll scrape it out of my normal wages.

Ze

No comments: