Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nail-biting

I hate penalty shoot-outs. I really, really hate them. Especially when it's my team doing them. We're through to the quarter-finals but oh boy was it tense. I really hate penalty shoot-out. All four English teams made it through. Surprised the hell out of me. There are some good - no - some great teams in the quarters with us. I'm pessimistic about getting any further.

Got home early today. Since somebody broke the mini-digger yesterday we couldn't use it today. This meant all the work was done with hand-tools. Again!! The only bit I didn't like was clearing & levelling the bank. It was covered in primroses and it seemed such a shame to dig them all up. Once we'd done as much as was possible the boss said we might as well pack up. After checking that this would be paid time (very important to make sure of these things when you're a self-employed sub-contractor) we went. Happiness is sitting at home, starting a riot in a yahoo group and being paid at the same time.

Ze

No comments: