Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I swear...

it wasn't my fault. Honest. That is unless I'm such a disaster area that, in addition to my own calamities, I have a one-hundred-metre radius of doom that infects all around me. I wasn't the one operating the mini-digger (back hoe) when the motor over-heated and engine seized. And I wasn't the one operating the replacement digger when that threw a caterpillar track. So I can hardly be blamed for the fact that the aforementioned caterpillar track flew through the air, hit a pile of scaffolding poles and sent one spinning end-over-end like a tossed caber. Or that said pole then did a number on the windscreen of the boss' Mercedes while he was visiting the site, can I?? I didn't suggest parking there. In fact I told him it wasn't a good idea to park that close to the poles. I said if one of them slipped it might hit his car. So how is it that he's blaming me?? He said I made it happen by saying it might. He said I'm a self-fulfilling prophecy all of my own. He also said that I could stand stock-still. in the middle of an open field, totally silent and still cause an accident. He said if I wasn't such a damn' good worker he'd have the digger scrape out a trench to bury me in. And if his car didn't need a new (and expensive) windscreen he was going to give me a raise. Anybody know a good way to remove a digger-driver (and hide the body??)

Ze

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO :)