Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It's true

And I bet you thought it was a myth. Brits do like to talk about the weather. So I'm going to. We've had a twelvemonth's worth of it today. When I woke this morning there was snow on the ground. Snow!! In Devon!! In March!! (Think that's enough exclamation marks or shall I chuck a couple more in for luck??) Seriously though, it snows about once every ten years here and hardly ever (once-in-a-lifetime) this late. Winter's been weird this year. The sky is falling!! Global Warming!! Any way - by 8.30 it had melted. Come mid-morning it was warm & sunny, so warm that I stripped off my jumpers (2) and my donkey-jacket. Then at lunchtime it snowed. I put my jumpers back on. Then it hailed (oh boy did it hail). We gave up working and huddled in the portakabin. The hail stopped. I went to the dentist (again - more in a mo). When I left the dentist it rained. And rained. It wasn't so much digging as playing in the mud through the afternoon. And now it's snowing again. Heavily. Somebody make it stop. I want it to be spring.

Why the dentist?? You remember that crown I had a couple or three weeks back?? It fell out. I wasn't eating anything that hard either. Just a baked-bean sarnie. I like baked-bean sandwiches - I know - I'm weird. Hey did you only just realise that?? At least it didn't cost anything, since it was so recently done the re-fix was included in the original payment. The only problem was that she told me not to eat anything for 7 hours. Seven!! After a hard day's labouring I was starving of the hunger by the time I could have me tea!! (Stew in case you wondered. and very nice it was too.)

Ze

No comments: