Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wheee

Bet you were wondering if I was going to update or not tonight. I'm a bit late I know. I've only just got back. I went out to dinner (Hummus to start and then pasta in a sun-dried tomato sauce, in case you were interested) and then we watched the England football team put up a totally pathetic showing against an excellent Spain. Depressing. Or it would be if I hadn't had a spot of good news today to chase away the blues. Actually it's such good news that it almost deserves upper case - Good News!!

I got the results back from the medical I had last week - it was a government-type medical. To be specific it was a medical in relation to the Construction Industry Training Board. I passed. I got my site safety cert back. I can work the high stuff again. Allll Riiiight!! Skip, skip, shuffle, hop, shuffle, skip, wiggle. That's the happy worker dance. No laughing at the back if you please!! Of course there's a world-wide depression raging which has crippled the construction industry so badly that you might as well hang any shares you have in those companies on a nail in the carsey. Nobody is hiring self-employed sub-contractors and they're laying off employed workers by the score. But I won't let that dampen my spirits. When it all picks up I'll be there - hard-hat on and waiting.

I hope you all remain employed in this time. And if we have any Aussie readers I hope and pray that you and yours are safe from these dreadful fires.

May your God/s be with you.

Ze

No comments: