Monday, February 16, 2009

An Invitation from phair

We made it safely...more later. Tonight we're lucky once again to have phair share with us.
Think of this as an invitation.

Folks on my mailing list, in my address book, family, friends, and unfortunate souls who've crossed my path in the last week have already heard my pitch and now it's your turn.

I would like to invite all of you to participate in my new writing piece, The Shipwrecked Project.

Two years ago I did an interactive piece about Hope.  But, like all my work to date, it was a fleeting moment in time which resolved over the course of a year.  This project has potential to be something more lasting and much more fluid.  

The project is an attempt to connect writing the act, the writer, and reader in real time as it happens.  The Shipwrecked Project truly is the heart of collaboration. 

Below is the premise:
1. I write 1 -5 words as the first line of a poem and post it on my site next to a pic of my 'home' (the soul of the word and not a structure).
2. I email those words and picture to one of those who volunteered to take part in the project.
3. That person replies by writing 1-5 words as the next line of the poem and takes a picture of their 'home' to email back to me for posting with their name and general location.  It would be cool if their pic used my pic as a prop for a unifying theme (it is the message in the bottle, as it were).
4. Steps #2 and #3 are repeated with everybody who wants to participate.

None of us knows how the poem will flow or when it will end.  Writer becomes reader and reader becomes writer and we make our world of isolation a little smaller and friendlier.   

If you want to participate but don't think you can write 'anything,' I can help you get there.  In every soul sleeps a poet.  Some of us just need encouragement.

If you want to participate but don't have access to a digital camera, email me for a way around it.

Time committment should be no more than two hours and cost should be nothing. 

Pay off is you get writing creds!  You also get to participate in something that, I think, hasn't been done before.

If you're interested, email me.

If you're not that's okay too.

*I do reserve the right to refuse inappropriate material.  Pic's need to be clean, nothing obscene will be accepted.

Thanks for listening and considering and just for being.

phair
aka mullaney


Interesting, I may have to play this game, any other takers? Could be fun.

Enjoy your updates!

Elisa

No comments: