Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Groan

That's the sound of me re-acquainting myself with a bunch of muscles I haven't used in a while. Why?? Work. There was not much around this week. No painting & decorating gigs. No other construction work (at least none for sub-contractors)even with my site cert back. The agency had a choice of two casual vacancies. Potato planting or two weeks of orchard work.

I've done potato planting before and wasn't impressed. It's not quite as bad as swede-topping but it sure runs close. So I said yes to the orchard work.

Idiot.

The orchard work comprises planting apple trees. Baby ones to be true. But they still need a hole dug for each tree that's a metre across and a spit deep. (A spit is the length of a spade's blade). There are two hectares (about 8 acres) needing to be planted with trees. My arms are fine - I'm used to manual labour. My legs are fine, I run and I walk a lot. My back though... my back is killing me. And it's only Wednesday. There's another 7 days of this.. . anybody wanna give me a massage??

Ze

No comments: