Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wi-fi Woes

Been having wi-fi problems this past week. We're with Virgin Media, using a "super hub", and the wi-fi keeps disappearing.

The hub's working, my cousin's tower PC (cabled connection) has no problems connecting to the web, but my laptop keeps losing the signal. It tells me there's no network, it can't find it. Even if I'm sitting right beside it, it's still not found.

No, it isn't the laptop - neither of our mobile phones can find it either.

The really frustrating thing is it will work for a couple of hours then suddenly vanish. It will work especially well when the engineer from Virgin Media calls - as he has done, twice!!

This has meant that I haven't been able to track AO3 daily as usual. (Believe me - it needs tracking hourly.) So I may have missed some updates there. I'll try and catch up with them if I can. I have been able to check a fair few, so you do have a decent amount tonight.

Ze

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Could a neighbour's wifi be interfering somehow?

zero2aries said...

You know - that hadn't even occurred to me - but yes, it could be, most of the street has wi-fi... I'll change the frequency tonight and see what happens.