Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Composted Ferret

Got Snow registered with my vet today. And in for a quick check-up.

She's fit and healthy - and at the maximum healthy weight for a ferret her age and size. In other words, I'm feeding her a little too much, she's getting a tiny bit plump. I now have a handy little beaker, with grams marked out on the side, so I can regulate her portions a little better. (I've been going by guesswork until now, which was ok for a short holiday but not for a longer period of time).

Ouch is all I can say about the bill!! Still, it's worth it, just for knowing she's ok.

She had a run around the garden when we got back. And she discovered a great new toy. A bag of potting compost, which I was using for the hanging baskets. It's great fun to crawl inside, dig your way into the compost, roll around, scoop out a tunnel, and emerge looking more like dirty city slush than snow!!

I don't know, I've spent forty quid on toys, walking-harnesses, and climbing frames to keep her active and occupied, and all I needed to pay was one pound and forty-nine pence for a bag of compost!!

She did look cute poking her head out, all covered in compost, though.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

4 comments:

E said...

Hello...how about a some pictures?

zero2aries said...

I posted some last week...

Anonymous said...

Ze, thanks for your wonderful updates and for being responsive to the new AO3 OUAT story :) I'm always on the hunt for new stories to read...

E said...

She be very cute! Had to wait 'til I got home to look them over.