Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Snow's Mine

I'd got attached to the little beggar and had decided to ask my friend, upon her return, if she would consider letting me keep her. Or, if not that, at least let me teach her how to handle Snow, how to play with her, and allow me visiting rights.

As it turned out I didn't have to do any of those things.

She gave me a call and said she was home and would collect Snow on Saturday. Then she paused and said, "Unless...". I waited. Then she said, "Unless you'd like to keep her. I'll pay all her expenses, vet's bill and so on, if you just look after her."

Snow was originally bought for my friend's son after he nagged and nagged that he wanted a ferret. (He'd seen one on tv or something). And - after the manner of kids - even though he'd promised to take care of her, clean her cage, etc., he'd lost interest and his mother had wound up looking after her. She had no idea about ferrets, she'd done her best, fed her, cleaned her cage, but she hadn't a clue that Snow needed to come out of her cage to have a run around, or have toys to play with, she'd just given her blankets to make a little sleeping nest.

Of course I said yes.

So now she's mine, and, as soon as I can afford it, I'm buying her a bigger cage - with a run attached - so that she can stretch her legs and play with her toys even when I'm not around.

She still hasn't bitten me. Though she did bite my sister, who popped up to visit to see her. I told her that open sandals, rather than socks and shoes, was a bad idea. Snow doesn't know that toes aren't things to catch...

Ze

6 comments:

Chev said...

Super glad to hear, so sad when people have no idea what to do with things, glad your sister had the sense to hand her over. Hope you have fun together! May she never bite you lol

Anonymous said...

There's also a new OUAT fic that's being updated almost every other day: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1680344/chapters/3570374

zero2aries said...

Chev, Thanks.

zero2aries said...

Anon - Thanks for that. That one hasn't cropped up on any of my saved searches.

AuntieTaTa said...

We could hear how attached you were getting with Snow. Has Barbara met her yet?

zero2aries said...

No, Barbara doesn't come to my house - it wouldn't be appropriate. I'm not sure how Snow would take the journey to Barbara's house - it's a two-bus trip - or half an hour by car. Probably not a good idea.

I might take some photos over for her to see.