Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Making decisions

Boy was I tired yesterday. So tired that I sent the email out with blank spaces in it!!. No wonder I was grumpy, being that shattered.

Today I told the site manager that, no, I won't be working this weekend. Yes, I am aware that I have already said I'm not working next weekend either (going to Swindon to see a friend get civil partnered). And no, I don't give a tinker's that you'll consider offering an extra couple of quid an hour if I'll work, because I'm still not working this weekend. You have a 60+ hour week from me anyway. Don't push for a 70+. I need a break.

I feel so much chirpier just making the decision. Maybe I'll get to catch up with my emails. Or chat to some friends.

I have to make decisions on this site, too. Things like - do I let my inner grammar diva take over and correct the spelling and grammar in fic titles?? Answer - no. Even though it causes me pain to leave it, the author's choice of wording is what counts. (But - quick tip - if you can replace "you and I" with "we" then you and I is correct. If you need to use "us" not "we" then it should be "you and me". I will be so very be grateful if you get it right.)

And then there's - do I add upper-case letters to titles?? Yes. It's hurts my eyes when the title is entirely in lower-case letters, so I'll adjust that no matter what the author wants!! Will I read a fic (not just link it) that has a title in lower-case, or with appalling grammar/spelling?? No, not any more.

And one decision I made when I started this updating lark - I won't link to RPF. I'm funny like that. I'm perfectly happy to read stories about characters doing and saying things they've never done (and wouldn't consider doing) in the show/film/book, as long as it's in character as far as is possible. But I won't read about the actors doing things. I don't think it's respectful. Just my personal preference. (I won't watch RP fanvids or view RP manips either). I know loads of people do like RPF, RPS and RPFS and I wouldn't dream of telling them not to read or write it. But I won't report it.

My fellow grunts are happy to indulge me in this and if any links to RPF are required they'll let me leave it for them to handle.

I'm not keen on reporting on incest fics either. I can't always spot those, if I don't follow the fandom I may not realise when all I have listed are the pairings and the author chooses not to warn. So I may link to one by accident. But I try not to.

We all have our little quirks.

And on that note, this little quirk is off to bed. I have to be up at 5am to be at work by 6.30 and I'll be lucky to be in bed by midnight. I'll see you all next week. Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

1 comment:

E said...

No incest...actually T and I both agree...that is wrong.

RPF I take or leave depending. And Ze you post anyway you like...all good with us!

Tamara is my editor and when she is not around, my language goes to hell.