Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Up. The film that is.

Happy Diwali to any of our readers who are Hindi, Sikh or Jain.

First a quick public service announcement. As you all know (unless you've just got back from a mission to Mars or something) Yahoo closed geocities this week. If you didn't save your favourites you might be well stuffed. But then again you might be lucky. Although The Wayback Machine didn't previously archive geocities sites because of the huge impact the closure had on a large number of excellent sites and with the ample warning Yahoo gave (unlike AOL) The WBM decided to do something about it and they've tried to archive as many sites as they could. See here for details.

Went to the pictures with the kid after work tonight. (When I say the kid btw I'm actually referring to my 40+ year old cousin with whom I share a house. She's younger than me so she's the kid). Anyway, we went to see the Disney/Pixar animated film Up. Now you might think that a film like that was not my type at all. Normally you'd be right. Except that this one was brilliant. Suitable for (real) kids and yet perfect for adults too. I spent half the film going "awww" and the other half laughing out loud. Very funny. Ever-so-slightly lump-in-the-throat at one point. And the dog - Dug - damn' good fun. I know dogs just like that. Hell, I have a dog just like that!! (A Golden Retriever). I can highly recommend it. (Especially if you have kids - or if you yourself are a big kid!!).

Right. I have to be up in 6 hours so I'm heading for bed. Enjoy your updates. goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: