Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Message from Joan

First a quick reminder from me - Yahoo is closing Geocities - on 26th October it will cease to exist. Every Yahoo/Geocities website will disappear. If you have favourite fanfic on Geocities sites and the writer/webmaster hasn't announced arrangements to transfer to another provider then you'd better save a copy now.

Ok,. And now an update from Joan Arling


    Hi Ladies,

    if you recall the ramble dated May, 26th, if you're still interested in how things did finally play out, if our beloved grunts don't say 'oh, not again!'... here goes the last part of TransNews.

    As of this writing I'm still in hospital, my surgery happened five days ago, and I'm slowly learning to walk (relatively easy) and sit (much harder:-) again.

    The surgery lasted six hours, leaving me somewhat weak, but from what my physicians tell me, and from what I personally can tell so far, it has been a great success. Right now I'm all bandages between my legs, but looking at the rather plain surface gives me a thrill. It's also funny that parts of my former anatomy still send impulses to the brain (which shows that no neural damage has occurred in the process) that get identified at locations no longer existing :-))) I'm looking forward to re-acquainting myself with, hmm, myself.

    So, after waiting for a long time, a great investment of hope, many moments of darkest despair, and more tears than I would ever have thought my eyes of being able to produce -- I've done it! I cannot find the proper words to express my happy disbelief, and I doubt I ever will. YES! I'VE DONE IT!!! I'm where I have belonged all my life, even though I didn't know it for a long time.

    I could not have gone all the way on my own power, and one source of strength were the positive reactions of you ladies to my first ramble here -- thank you all again very much! You, Stacy, especially -- the rays of light you sent me over nine time zones drove considerable darkness from these last weeks!

    I could keep yelling 'I've done it', but I'll spare ya :-) I only hope you won't mind that as of now there's one more of you -- me.

    Until the next ramble / story / poem, like Ze usually says: May your Goddess/es go with you!

    Joan

--

There you go. Congratulations on becoming your true self Joan and here's wishing you a speedy recovery from the trauma of the knife.

All that remains is to say see you next week, good night and may your God/s go with you

Ze

No comments: