Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Reader's request

A request from a reader tonight. For which I am very grateful as yesterday I had what I hope will be the final op on my shoulder, so today I'm a bit sore and thanks to some verrrry good painkillers I can't concentrate enough to come up with anything remotely interesting for you all.


    Hi

    Im a regular lurker looking for the latest updates of my favorite fic's. The reason I am de-lurking is to ask for help in getting a message to my fellow readers.

    I have a good friend who is heading to Antarctica in a month or so. Really, the Antarctic. She is a weather boffin doing something weather-y down there for the next 11 months. Obviously internet usage for personal stuff is allowed however time and bandwith is at a serious premium, and I think talking to her wife will be much more important. Packing space for personal stuff is also pretty limited and real books simply take up too much room, so I have introduced her to the wonderful world of Ebooks. My going away present for her is an MP4 player with a big screen that doubles as an ebook reader.

    I want to recruit some help so I can load up a bunch of memory sticks with a library of original and various fanfics to make those very long cold nights a little more interesting. To get as many on these dvd's as possible I'm looking for either PDF, MS Word docs or notepad docs as they are the easiest to work with.

    Any help would be appreciated. I have added my own collection of Uber fics, and would love anything else.

    She loves original lesbian fiction and buys the real books, if anyone has any as an ebook that would be great, she is a huge Faith fan from BtVS, and always saw B/& subtext on Voyager. She didnt get into Xena so much, sad I know, but I think she would love Uber as it is close enough to be original fiction.

    If anyone can help me on my mission you can email the files to Freezing Cold

    Thanks to everyone for making this an awesome site!!

    Harley


There you go. If anybody has any faves send them along.

Ze

No comments: