Wednesday, October 07, 2009

On kids picking partners

Blimey. If it wasn't for Buffy fics there'd not be much for you tonight. I never could get into that show. Dunno why. Maybe I should give the fics a chance. After all, it wouldn't be the first time I'd read fic for a show I'd never seen (sometimes never even heard of) and loved the stories. On occasion I've even got into the show because of the fic (SVU).

Still sore. Still on good drugs. I've cut down on the quantity though so I'm more capable of coherent thought than yesterday. Still can't think of much to say though.

Oh, yeah. The shop assistant. I wasn't her mam's type at all. Far too butch. Ah well. You win some, you lose more... *g* Just goes to show that kids should not try and matchmake for their parents. The results are seldom good.

My nephew's as bad at picking dates for my sister. He found a great bloke for her, on a dating site. Nice looking, right age, loves the outdoors, rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing, abseiling. All the things my nephew loves. (As do I). However... my sister hates camping. She complains bitterly that you can't plug a hair-dryer into a tree. She's scared of heights, not keen on exercise and loathes anything requiring paddles, (she says the only thing she'd take to the water on would be a yacht, preferably one costing more than a seven-figure sum). Her idea of a delightful short break involves massages, facials, mud-wraps and being pampered at a spa, (my idea of hell), not hiking across the moors and tackling some white water. She said no. My nephew sulked. I think he had visions of camping trips with step-dad already.

Still, if my shoulder heals well then maybe he can go white-water rafting with me instead. I miss being able to do stuff like that.

Enjoy your updates. Good night and may your God/s go with you

Ze

No comments: