Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Squelch

That's the noise my boots are making in case you were wondering. Not that it's rained today. Nope they're still soaked from the last two weeks of torrential downpours. Now I don't generally mind the rain. I'm used to it. I'm English after all. You can't be English and not be accustomed to rainy weather. I'm not quite as anti-sun as E is but I do like rain. Well, I like the kind of gentle drizzle my (Irish) mam used to call "A soft day". But this?? I'll be getting webbed feet if this keeps up!! And I'm not quite as upset by high temperatures as she is either, I've travelled the world and can cope with temps of 50c and dry or 40c+ and high humidity, but at here home I don't really like it if it gets above 30c. And I prefer below 25c.

The weather we're having now?? Torrential rain and temps of 14c. It's August for pete's sake. August!! It should be sunny and 22 or 23. I got soaked right through to the skin walking to work yesterday. My boots were sodden. OK, that doesn't sound bad, getting soaked walking to work.. But when you consider that at the moment I can leave the house at 7.57 to be at work for 8.00...Daft, I calls it. It's that bloody global warming they're always talking about on Radio Four...

The fun thing about the site I'm working on now?? It's social housing produced jointly by the city council & a housing association. The company's name?? Mi-Space. I love the look on people's faces when I say I sub-contract to Mi-Space.

Ok - not a lot to read tonight but enjoy it anyway. See you next week. Same daft time, same daft channel. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: