Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Hype from Geonn

Hi from Soggy England. Tonight there's a hype from Geonn Cannon for you...

    E invited me to offer a ramble. Don't blame her, she knows not what she's done. But hey, you know me, never one to turn down the opportunity to promote myself and my novels! A few weeks ago was the release of my third novel (!), "World on Fire," which follows Firefighter Alexandra Crawford as she tackles two dangerous events: an arsonist who seems to be targeting firefighters, and Rachel Tom, a doctor who is in danger of stealing Alex's heart. While trying to keep herself and her coworkers safe, Alex opens herself up to the possibility of a relationship with Rachel.

    This book seems like a bit of a departure for me, if you're not paying attention. My novels "On the Air" and "Gemini" both included very obvious connections: The restaurant in one is mentioned in the other, a character from the first makes an off-screen cameo in the second, and they both take place on the same island. "World on Fire" takes place in a completely different town (although it is the same state), so it may seem unrelated at first. However, a closer look - and a complete read of the novel - will reveal that it is definitely, firmly, in the Squire's Isle universe (and you may have to re-read "On the Air" to fully discover how the books tie in. Hint: The events in "World on Fire" take place before the events of "On the Air").

    The next few books I have coming out - The first three Claire Lance novels and "The Following Sea" - only have slight connections to Squire's Isle, but never fear. I love the island, and I know I'll be revisiting it many, many times in many novels and short stories. I love the idea of a community, a world I created that people love to visit. As long as readers are willing to go there, I'm more than happy to write about it. Even if a novel seems completely separate from the world of Squire's Isle, trust me, there are connections (except for Riley Parra... that's a complete alternate universe, IMO. If you, the reader, can find connections between the two, more power to you. :D).

    I think I've abused the ramble invitation enough for now, so I'll leave you with a typical boilerplate book pimp: "World on Fire," "Gemini," and "On the Air" are on bookshelves now, check out Amazon.com or SCP Books, or your favorite online retailer (I would recommend SCP, but they've been out of stock of "Gemini" for a while (I can't tell if that's a good sign or a bad one ;-D) and they have yet to put up a listing for "World on Fire." So I would understand if maybe you'll want to wait for them to make it available. Or maybe if you want to contact them and demand they keep Geonn Cannon in stock! But not, you know, in an obnoxious way. :D)

    One more thing, before I go... thanks to everyone who voted for my story, Crisitunity, in the Academy of Bards Vacation Challenge. My second place win means the world to me, and I'm honored to have finally won an Academy award (wordplay! Hah hah hah!).

    Geonn


OK folks. Let him know what you think. I'm for bed now. Catch up with you all tomorrow.

Ze

No comments: